- Light breakfast and coffee will be available!
- Check in at Christ on Capitol Hill
8:30-10:30 – MORNING PROGRAM
- We’ll do a walkthrough of the day, talk about our legislative priorities, and hear from keynote Cynthia Lin from the National Network from Abortion Funds!
- We will then break out into groups based on district so you have time to prepare for your meeting.
10:30 – 2:00
- You’ll have the chance to meet with your legislators! If we weren’t able to schedule a meeting, there will be time to write cards or attend committee meetings.
- A full meeting schedule will be available closer to Lobby Day.
- Lunch will be served from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. (vegan options available in the buffet)
2:00 – 2:45 – RALLY IN THE ROTUNDA
- At 2:00 we will be gathering in the Capitol rotunda to show legislators the broad support for abortion access across the state.
- Make your voice loud and hear from reproductive rights, health, and justice leaders in Minnesota!
Lobby Day attendees can pick up their name badge, t-shirt and materials at the registration desk located in the Gathering Space on floor 1 of Christ On Capitol Hill, 105 University Ave W, St. Paul MN 55103 beginning at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, February 21. Check in will be divided alphabetically by Last/Family Name. Day of registration is also available.
Parking & Public Transportation:
Parking: Paid parking is available in Lot C (500 Rice St, Saint Paul, MN 55103) located on the northwest corner of Sherburne Ave off Rice St. Enter the lot from Sherburne Ave. Parking in Lot C is self pay. There is no parking available on University Ave. Christ On Capitol Hill has limited parking available located on the northeast corner of Sherburne Ave off Park Ave. Parking is not allowed in spaces with “Synod Staff Only” signs. The main entrance is located in the rear of Christ On Capitol Hill. An additional entrance is located at the front of the church.
Go Green: UnRestrict Minnesota encourages attendees to consider public transportation options as they plan their commute to this year’s Lobby Day and is providing two free Metro Transit passes to attendees. Use password “unrestrictmn2023” to download your two free Metro Transit passes HERE. Use Metro Transit’s Trip Planner or mobile app to plan your commute.
Metro Transit Light Rail – Green Line: Christ On Capitol Hill and the Capitol are located 1 block from the Capitol/Rice St Metro Transit light rail stop. Metro Transit offers an online Trip Planner that allows travelers to create a custom personal schedule to travel by light rail to Saint Paul. To do so, enter your starting address and select Minnesota State Capitol as your landmark.
Travel/Parking Reimbursement: If you would like to be reimbursed for parking/mileage. Please reach out to email@example.com after Lobby Day with receipts/proof of mileage and we can begin the reimbursement process.
Free WiFi is available throughout the church. Please log on to the “CLCH-Guest” network. The password is: Christ22
Child care is provided from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m and located on the floor 2 of Christ On Capitol Hill. Look for Lobby Day staff to help direct you to the correct room. To register your child(ren) for child care, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shobi’s continental breakfast and coffee service, available from 8:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m., and lunch from Brasa, available from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., will be provided by UnRestrict Minnesota at Christ On Capitol Hill. There will be gluten free, vegetarian and a vegan option (upon request).
- COVID-19 Policy: Masks are strongly encouraged.
- A nursing room is located just off the Gather Space on floor 1 at Christ On Capitol Hill.
- A prayer room is available at Christ On Capitol Hill.
- Share Your Thoughts! Please share your thoughts on Lobby Day as it progresses on our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram – @UnRestrictMN
- ASL and Spanish interpretation will be available.
Give to Support Reproductive Freedom Lobby Day
Thank you for being part of Reproductive Freedom Lobby Day! Gifts from people like you make this day possible. If you can pitch in today, your gift will help cover costs for rally signs, printing lobby packets, t-shirts, travel stipends, childcare for participants, sound equipment, and more.